Pages

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Some Days Are Just Good Enough


Useless, that is the most correct definition of me today. I've accomplished little or nothing of substance. That is okay sometimes. At times you just need to let down or let go. Fortunately, I don't have any small children running about today. If there were small children - I most certainly would not have been allowed to be useless.

However, I have had multiple animals underneath my feet. Currently, we have the senior Maxwell Silver Hammer (13 year old Labrador Retriever), Noah (4 year old Great Pyrenees), Teddy (3 year old Miniature Schnauzer), Puss (mixed breed prissy cat), and Sammy (only cat in the world I've seen that will allow child mangling with no scratching). I cannot count the number of times the door has been opened and closed for these animals. How I love them....yet how hard is it to heat a home when the door is open all day in the winter? This is just an amateur photo of the puppies.


The big, the medium and the small. I love them one and all. Max is my puppy. Noah, is my eldest daughters who is living with us at this time. Teddy we are babysitting for my eldest son since he's moving. Can you tell that animals are a large part of my life?

The Christmas shopping isn't finished and neither is the decorating for goodness sake. Thank the Lord, I believe in leaving Christmas up beyond New Years! There is so much that I want to do...and lot's of inspiration but little activation.

Perhaps, a little background would be good. On December 9th, I was a part of a Reduction in Force (also known as RIF'd). If you work in corporate America you have probably witnessed this event. You lose your job through no fault of your own. The company has decided that they don't require your position any longer. Fortunately, severance helps your reaction as you are separated from your work identity. I am thankful that it is not the only identity I have. Hopeful, that employment arrives before the severance ends.

I am thankful too that it happened to me. Amazing isn't it at this time of year and with the economy? Let me simply explain that during the past 4 years I've experienced more stress than my entire lifetime. It wasn't the job, it was the boss. I've not had a complacent or uneventful life yet this person overwhelmed all! So, now I have high blood pressure BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY I know what to avoid!

My SweetPea (my granddaughter) is on her way to Mom Mom's (my) house! I can't wait to see the baby and have her smiley beautiful face wake me in the morning. One thing I need to share with new Mom's versus old Grand Folks like me...cherish the mornings. I know they are hard and stressful and sooooooo complicated. I reared four kids...believe me I know. But, having a baby in your house after years of not makes you want to get out of bed and makes you want to do good fun intelligent things during your day.

Please, now go hug...kiss...love...or call someone that needs you. You need them too.

Love will cure our world.......if only we could share it. Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment